Job Description: Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer is a team member who will work on designs mainly for social media campaigns or any other communication channel.
The post holder will be working for the State Ministry of Information under the UNICEF project in order to create a digital platform for the Egyptian society as a whole, and Egyptian families in specific. This platform will empower the positive discourse among Egyptian children, teaching them how to handle challenges in the most efficient way. In addition, providing them with safe tips and activities in order to face challenges like COVID-19 as an example.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibility of the Graphic Designer will be as following:
- Ability to translate requirements into creative concepts/designs
- Using software and other techniques to produce animations using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Listening to feedback and altering animations to better suit project needs.
- Create and visualize daily content based on requirements
- Working with the rest of the team members, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production, and timescales.
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for the illustrations, project logos and website.
- Identify trends online and creating content accordingly
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using advanced software.
- Ability to communicate ideas through presentations.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and adhered to the project identity.
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Specialist, Media Producer & Social Media Specialist in order to work according to the strategy/plan
- Work closely with other parts of the team to meet the deadlines and deliver efficiently
- Ensuring that the brand message is consistent and continuous across all platforms
- Managing project proposals from typesetting through to design, print, and production.
- Create visually appealing designs on weekly basis.
- Create animated posts for social media platforms.
- Create motion graphics in videos in coordination with the media production specialist.
- Work on daily concepts with the team.
Reporting & Evaluation
- Reporting directly to the Project Manager concerning what can be conceptualized and visualized
- Evaluate the reached milestones vis-à-vis the desired goals for each week
- BA/BSc in computer animation, fine arts, graphic design, or related field.
- More education, experience, or proficiency with specific animation software platforms may be preferred.
- Entry-Level position.
- Demonstrable experience and graphic design software knowledge
- Practical experience of dealing with all social media platforms
- Proven track of graphic design portfolio (behance, etc…)
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively at different levels
- Using specialist computer generation software such as After Effects.
- Understanding of animation, storytelling, character development, and graphic techniques.
- Limited experience with Video Editing using Final Cut/Adobe Premier Pro
- Effective motivating, influencing, selling and negotiating skills
- The post-holder must have an understanding of confidentiality, data protection and information governance.
- The Ability to work within a team.
- Candidates should be self-starters, have energy and enthusiasm for a challenging environment and be able to work with a wide range of people, often under pressure.
Interested candidates, kindly send your updated CV to the Following e-mail:
The Deadline is 15th April 2021