Contract period: 1 Year (Renewable)
Waste management practices in Egypt are very diverse and complex. Egypt has launched a new National Solid Waste Management Programme (NSWMP), with the support of EU/German/Swiss development partners with the aim of establishing a sustainable, efficient and effective Solid Waste Management (SWM) sector in Egypt.
The programme combines technical cooperation, addressing the policy, legal and institutional framework and providing capacity building at the national and local levels (GIZ technical assistance component), and financial cooperation for investment infrastructure in municipal solid waste management infrastructure and services (KfW/EU/SECO financial assistance component). The two components combine together to support the GoE efforts through the implementation of the NSWMP at national and governorate level (Kafr El Sheikh, Gharbeya,- Assiut, Quena)
Scope of Work
The NSWMP/PMU requires a Technical Officer, to support the Unit under the supervision of the program manager through implementation of the following tasks:
1. Monitoring and reviewing technical deliverables and designs of waste facilities (landfill, MBT, composting plants, transfer station etc.) prepared by Consultants for Programme Implementation (CPIs) at the programme’s 4 governorates (Assiut, Qena, Kafr al-Sheikh, al-Gharbiya).
2. Inform, update and maintain close follow-up on a regular basis for the activities of the investment infrastructure component within the approved work plan of Consultants for Programme Implementation (CPIs) and NSWMP work plan and prepare monthly progress report to the PMU management.
3. Follow up on the construction supervision functions of NSMWP solid waste facilities (transfer stations, MBT, etc) according to the project timeline.
4. Contribution to site handover to and from contractors.
5. Technical review of the studies and reports from the program technical component.
6. Follow-up activities regarding capacity development for Solid Waste Management Units in Governorates.
7. Follow-up on the technical Component activities regarding the private sector and NGOs.
8. Follow up on the activities of national contribution within the approved work plan and prepare monthly progress report to the PMU management.
9. Undertake field visits to the project’s sites, and prepare necessary reports.
10. Working time: 5 days/week (Sunday- Thursday) from 9am-5pm, with frequent fieldtrips to the project regions. The Incumbent should be prepared to work over hours when necessary, and conduct field visits lasting for several days.
Monthly Sheet showing the day-to-day activities, work progress and reviewed documents
• Minimum education level (B.Sc. or higher) from a well-recognized University in engineering (engineering or science).
• At least five (5) years progressively responsible professional work.
• Communication, analytical and training skills.
• Proven computer skills and good knowledge of environmental monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrable experience iv preparing well-structured technical reports in English and Arabic language, and preparing work/operational plans.
• Strong analytical skill, oral and written communication and team building skills.
• Excellent research, report writing and documentation skills.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills including good coordination and effective working relations with stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Creativity in the presentation of information through use of graphical, pictorial or other appropriate communication means.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
To apply, please send your CV to the e-mail: email@example.com , stating the position in your e-mail subject with deadline 13th February 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org